2009 Event Highlights
To view event photos, please visit CMC on Facebook
The CMC Microsystems 2009 Annual Symposium took place on October 13-14, 2009 and focused on bringing together academic, industry, and government leaders from science and engineering communities.
Event highlights included:
- Presentation by Dr. Arthur Carty, Executive Director, Waterloo Institute of Nanotechnology, University of Waterloo 'Small World, Large Impact: A WIN Perspective on the Potential of Nanotechnology; Dr. Arthur Carty,
- 2nd Microsystems and Nanoelectronics Research Conference (MNRC 2009): A peer-reviewed conference featuring over 40 postgraduate researchers from among the best students in Canada. These students represented the quality of talent to provide future leadership in industry, government and academia, and their research results provide insight into future directions of microsystem and nanoelectronic technologies.
- TEXPO Research Competition: Researchers presented their working demonstrations of novel microsystems-related technologies and 25 postgraduate student participants competed for $12.5K financial awards.
- Research and Innovation Agencies Exhibit: Connected attendees with organizations and suppliers from Canada's innovation and research community.
- Annual Awards Banquet: The evening of October 14, 2009 was a celebration of excellence. This recognition event presented sponsored awards for meritorious research to MNRC and TEXPO participants, the Douglas R. Colton Medal for Research Excellence and the ITAC/SMC Outstanding Service Awards.